Social Icons

Monday, September 10, 2012

Real Techniques Travel Essentials Brush Kit Review


Hey guys!

Today I'm going to share with you a set of brushes that I use on a daily basis to apply my makeup and that is the Real Techniques Travel Essentials Kit. I bought this kit when I was visiting relatives in the States at an Ulta Store in New Jersey. I also wanted to purchase the Core Collection but sadly, the store that I went to was out of stock of that kit. Real Techniques is a brand by Samantha Chapman who is half of the Pixiwoo sisters, very popular youtube beauty vloggers.

Company Description: Everything you need to create flawless looks at home and away: Look pixel perfect even in harsh light. Ultra plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty free. Extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use. Includes 3 full-size brushes + case: 
Essential Foundation Brush: Build flawless custom coverage with liquid foundation or concealer
Multi-task Brush: For effortless application of powder, blush and bronzer
Domed Shadow Brush: Tapered design smoothly shades and defines eyes
Panoramic Brush Case 

Fun Fact: Real Techniques Brushes are colour-coded. Their blue brushes are for eyes, orange brushes are for bases (foundation, concealer, etc) and pink brushes are for finishers (blush, powder, etc).

Another Fun Fact: Real Techniques brushes can stand alone with the help of their rubber ends.

So now on to the brushes!

Essential Foundation Brush: I heard in some youtube videos that the main complaint for this brush is that its small for some users. But for me, I think this is the perfect size. I love using this to apply my foundation and concealer. I like that the brush is really pointed so it can reach the nooks and crannies of my nose and under eye area. When I first used this brush, I felt a little scratch on my face but after a few uses I didn't feel it anymore. I guess I just had to 'break it in'



Multi-task Brush: I don't really use bronzer a lot so I mainly use this brush to apply blush. I love how it picks up enough product but not too much to apply blush with just one natural-looking sweep. This is a great product for powder blushes, bronzer, highlighters but I don't think this will work with cream blushes even though its taklon.



Domed Shadow Brush: I love how multi-purpose this brush is for me. I use this to pat the shadow all over my lids while also using it for the crease and blending as well.




The kit also includes a brush case which is really great for traveling because it protects the brushes while still preserving the form of the brushes. Also, I've had these brushes for a few months now and have washed them every week but I have yet to see the brushes shed. If you have access to Real Techniques brushes I suggest you try them out. They're great quality with reasonable prices.

Price: $17.99 USD
Place to buy: Ulta





4 comments:

  1. I am in love with the real techniques brushes! I have the stippling and shader brush<3

    beautythursday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the brand is more accessible here in Canada so I can try more of their brushes!

      Delete
  2. I ordered these from iherb.com to Canada and I got a really good deal! I bought 3 of their collections, and i was just notified today that they were in at the post office! Heading there right now to pick them up! :)
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I'll check out the site :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...