Social Icons

Friday, December 21, 2012

Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red Review and Swatches



Hey guys!

Another week, another red lipstick! I have for you today an amazing lipstick from Revlon's Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick line, the shade Really Red. 


Revlon is definitely my favourite drugstore brand when it comes to lipsticks because it has a wide array of not only lipstick shades but also formulas. I have written about some of my favourite Revlon Super Lustrous Cremes but this is the first lipstick that I will write about the Lustrous Mattes. Revlon has this shade on their website but there is no description of this lipstick and the line itself so I can't provide a comparison from that standpoint.


Whenever I wear this lipstick I always feel this sense of "old hollywood" glamour as this shade gives off a retro feel. This is a true "retro" red because its not too blue and not too orange so it will definitely suit all skin tones, in my opinion. This is also an intensely pigmented lipstick so I didn't have to put on layers to get the opacity I want. Revlon Really Red is a somewhat vampy and grown up colour I feel, but not too mature. A great thing about this lipstick is that even though it has a matte formula, it's not overly drying and uncomfortable to wear. I have also read in some blogs that this is a dupe for MAC's Ruby Woo but with better formulation. The lasting power for this lipstick is great at 5 hours of wear before the need for re-application.

Here is an arm and lip swatch






Price: $6.99 - $9.99
Place to buy: most drugstores

Have you tried any lipstick from Revlon's Super Lustrous Matte collection?

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...