Social Icons

Monday, January 28, 2013

Lush 'Cosmetic Warrior' Fresh Face Mask Review





Hey guys!

I'm sorry I was sort of MIA last week, it was such a busy week with my work and personal life so I didn't have time to write but I'm back with a review.

The change from warm to cold (even freezing sometimes) weather has been hard on my skin that caused major breakouts prompting me to take a look at my skin care routine which has been working steadily during the warmer months but has not adjusted on the colder months. I decided to change up my skin care routine from being chemically filled to being more organic and visited a Lush store. Once at the store, I learned that the brand is offering varied products from moisturizers to facial cleansers and the ones that caught my eye are their fresh face masks. I was recommended by an employee to try out their Herbalism Facial Cleanser and Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask as they promise to help troubled skin. This post is my experience with Cosmetic Warrior...

Company Description: Spot! Oily areas! Blackheads! The frustration of having breakout prone skin can incite aggressive, 'industrial' type cleaning. Unfortunately, breakout prone skin is often very sensitive, so using harsh cleansers can actually make the problem worse. Don't over attack your skin; lead it firmly down the path to salvation with Cosmetic Warrior. Cosmetic Warrior is kind to problem-laden faces thanks to moisturizing egg whites and honey, which smooth and tighten the pores. Antiseptic garlic and tea tree oil effectively clean and disinfect spots for a fresh, clear face.





My Thoughts: I won't even try to make it sound better but this mask literally stinks! Once I opened the lid, the overpowering smell of garlic hits the nose that can be appalling for some but I got used to it after a few uses. Lush's Fresh Face Masks have a short shelf life of 3 weeks and they need to be refrigerated. Cosmetic Warrior has a very thick consistency with little pieces of its ingredients mixed in the mask that is recommended to leave in for 5 - 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water. One thing I noticed while the mask dries is that it's not too tight on the skin that can sometimes be felt with masks. I would say that this mask healed my inflamed skin, lessen the bumps and I saw instantaneous results after usage. On the weeks that I was using this mask, I was having clear skin but I did not achieve any lasting effects. It has been about 2 weeks since I last used this mask and some bumps have turned up again. The closest Lush store is about 2 hours away from me so it will take some time to repurchase this product.

Price: $6.95
Place to buy: Lush Cosmetics

4 comments:

  1. The closest Lush store to me is about the same distance, so I'm not able to get the fresh masks which is a disappointment. I used the Cupcake mash and Ocean Salt scrub and my skin's acne cleared up and looked so good until I stopped using them. I wish I had a Lush store in my city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what happened to me! No lasting effects :(

      Delete
  2. Aw so it worked while you used it, but some bumps came back? I've probably said this before, but I've yet to try any Lush products. The closest Lush is still a far drive for me :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, during the weeks I used it, my skin cleared up but when it ran out the bumps came back immediately! :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...