Social Icons

Saturday, January 19, 2013

MAC Matte Lipstick in Party Parrot Review, Photos, Swatches and Comparison


Hey guys!

I am so excited to write a post for this lipstick because I feel like it's a long time coming! I have been lusting for MAC Lipstick in Party Parrot ever since the Iris Apfel Collection last year but I sadly missed out on it, so when it was re-promoted in the Strength Collection I knew I had to snatch it right away.



MAC Party Parrot is officially described as a "bright red pink" with a matte finish. Looking at the lipstick tube itself and the swatch below, this shade looks like a neon and very intense.





Since Party Parrot and Impassioned are always touted as dupes I thought I'd do a comparison of the two lipsticks. The one on the left is Party Parrot and the one on the right is Impassioned. From the swatches below, any difference is hardly noticeable except for the finish. Party Parrot is a matte finish while Impassioned is an amplified creme (somewhat glossy) finish. Also, Party Parrot is a true neon while Impassioned is almost a neon.

MAC Party Parrot and MAC Impassioned

under natural light without flash

under natural light with flash



Price: $18.00 CAD
Place to buy: MAC Cosmetics

4 comments:

  1. ooo it is indeed bright! i like the swatches of the two together - they do look like dupes! do you prefer one over the other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer Impassioned because it's an amplified creme which is my favourite finish. I tend to skip lip gloss when I'm wearing a lipstick and with amplified cremes they give just the right amount of shine that I like. But I still adore Party Parrot though :)

      Delete
  2. You pull these shades off so well! They look awesome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...