Social Icons

Monday, January 7, 2013

MAC, Sephora and The Body Shop Haul


2013 is not off to a good start for my wallet as you can see from the title of this post. lol. While I'm not on a "no buy" ban, I've still been telling myself to not buy as much makeup unless I really need it. But of course, I couldn't resist and purchased these items over the holidays. Even though I've been bad, I'm so excited to share with you gals my new acquisitions!


1) MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose - This is my first ever MSF and I'm really excited that it's the infamous Stereo Rose. I have read quite a lot of blog posts about Stereo Rose with how amazing it was when it first came out and how highly coveted it is. And since I love peach blushes I thought I might try this out.

2) MAC Lip Erase Lip Balm in Dim - I have quite pigmented lips which makes it hard for me to wear some lipsticks that are sheer because I have to put on layers.

3) MAC Matte Lipstick in Party Parrot - This product is the main reason why I placed the order from MAC for this haul. I missed out on Party Parrot when it first came out in the Iris Apfel Collection and have been lusting over it ever since so when it was included in the Strength Collection, I knew I had to snatch it up quickly! This shade is a gorgeous bright pinky-coral 

4) MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Apres Chic - I purchased this lipstick after seeing swatches from Temptalia's website. I liked this shade because it's a more wearable red for everyday use.


5) Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in RSVP - Doesn't Benefit have the cutest packaging for their products? This cream shadow caught my eye when I was browsing in Sephora and thought to try it out as it looks like a great base for neutral looks and would complement the shades in my Naked Palette.

6) Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball Trio - I have previously written that I liked the smell of Marc Jacobs Daisy when I got a whiff of it at a store. I purchase this rollerball trio instead of a single full size of Daisy because I'm still a newbie at wearing perfumes. I think this is a nice way of having an option to wear between; Daisy Eau de Toilette, Daisy Eau so Fresh de Toilette and Oh Lola Eau de Parfum. 

7) Sephora Moonshadow Baked Trio in Pixie - This was one of the items in the checkout counter and thought it was cute and handy so I picked it up. Since I wear neutral shadows everyday I thought to add this in my make up stash. Don't just hate it when you get suckered in by the products in Sephora's checkout counter?

8) Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask - My skin has been breaking out badly because of the changing weather and I have used Lush's Cosmetic Warrior (review will be up soon!) but I feel like it doesn't have lasting effects so I bought this mask from a friend's recommendation hoping it will help my troubled skin.


9) The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream - I was out of my eye cream and have been looking for a new one so from a friend's recommendation again, I purchased this to try out.

10) The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Scrub - Since it's winter, exfoliation is really needed to maintain smooth and healthy skin so I purchased this deliciously scented body scrub!

Once I have tried and tested these products I'll surely write what I think about them.

Have you tried any of the products in this haul? 

10 comments:

  1. I have also just purchased the Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream so we shall see how it goes!
    I don't believe in full no buy bans. I'm only setting myself up for disappointment, but I did promise to buy less and use up what I have as I am running out of space for all of my bath stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, let me know how you're liking the eye cream! I know, I feel disappointed in myself whenever I buy something that is not an "essential." Maybe I should promise myself that as well, buy less use more!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I think Party Parrot is an awesome looking shade! I love corals on the lips :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I waited almost a year to get Party Parrot so I was happy when I got it! :)

      Delete
  3. I finally picked up Stereo Rose, too. I love it! Benefit's RSVP is one of my favorite cream shadows next to the Maybelline Color Tattoo line. I'm on my second jar of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start wearing Stereo Rose and RSVP! And I love my colour tattoos as well :)

      Delete
  4. I love the Vitamin E Eye cream! It's what I'm currently using as my nighttime eye cream

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using it right now and so far liking it :)

      Delete
  5. Oh you really hauled! I'm so proud of you ;)

    I love Benefit cream shadows! The formula wears really well on me, and I like the range of colors. RSVP looks like another great everyday shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks! This is my first cream shadow from Benefit but surely will not be my last! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...