Social Icons

Friday, February 22, 2013

Lush Herbalism Cleanser Review


Hey guys!

Today I'm sharing with you guys the first facial cleanser I have tried from Lush Cosmetics! I have written time and time again that I have acne prone skin and was in the quest of finding the products that would suit and help my skin in fighting acne especially the winter time. Did Herbalism work for me? Let's read on...



Company Description: A powerful decongestant for your pores, Herbalism is best suited to those who have tried everything under the sun to clear up their oily and blemish prone skin. Fear not! Herbalism's heroic blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile are here to tame problematic skin. Ground rice bran acts as an effective exfoliant, while kaolin (also known as China clay) reaches deep down into pores to clean out dirt and debris.



My Thoughts: As with any other Lush products, Herbalism is made up of natural ingredients such as ground almonds, sage oil, rose, nettle and chamomile which I found to be soft and gentle to the skin. The smell of this cleanser is somewhat herb-ly which I quite like! I have been using Herbalism for almost 3 months now and would have to say that I can definitely see improvements with my skin's oiliness. Since this cleanser has a clay - like consistency, it sucks the oil from my face without making it dry which is a plus. I mostly use Herbalism in the morning as I find that this is not a deep cleaning product and still leaves traces of makeup even after a good scrub. Although, using this cleanser can take getting used to as it can be messy especially in the beginning. Herbalism comes in a block where I take a small amount then mix with the right amount of water to make a paste.

Overall: I recommend this cleanser to those who have oil control issues as it will help absorb oil but still moisturizes the skin, also this is a gentle exfoliant that does not scratch the skin. Another great aspect of this cleanser is you can choose how much you would like to pay for the amount you get. You can pay $5 or $25, depending on your budget.

Price: $13.96/100 kg
Place to buy: Lush Cosmetics

Have you tried any of Lush's skincare products? Which is your favourite?



4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this one is interesting! It looks almost fluorescent in paste form! I haven't tried anything from LUSH for a while, mostly because I always start sneezing in the store. I've always been interested in their fresh masks, but I'm so lazy about masks that I'm not sure I can finish them in time. The dilemma of a lazy person LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know what you mean Sunny! Their store is so fragrant that I can smell them even from afar. So far though, the only fresh face mask I've tried from Lush is the Cosmetic Warrior which I also did a review on :)

      Delete
  2. What a great cleanser! I seriously need to check out LUSH lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I bet you'll find some great products there :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...