Social Icons

Friday, February 15, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Lipstick in Daddy's Little Girl Review and Swatches



Hey guys!

Today I'm sharing with you one of MAC's newest lipsticks from the Archie's Girls Collection in the shade Daddy's Little Girl. I remember reading the Archie Comics when I was younger and being fond of the whole gang. Anyways, this is the first limited edition lipstick I purchased with the special packaging which makes it all the more fun and exciting for me. The packaging is Valentine appropriate with the white background, Archie in between Betty and Veronica (swooning over him) and the little hearts. 


Daddy's Little Girl is officially described as "mid-tone pink purple" from the MAC website. This shade is quite opaque with satin finish which is not my favourite because this type of finish sort of flakes on me, but I can deal with as I adore the colour! When I was looking at swatches online, I thought this would be more of a fuchsia shade but in actuality is a blue based purple with some pink. 

Here is an arm and lip swatch




Overall: This is a great alternative to fuchsia shades for a little bit of uniqueness that the plum-my purple provides. Satin finishes kind of flakes on my lips so I make sure that I moisturize well before wearing them. Daddy's Little Girl wore for about 5 hours on my lips before needing re-application and left a little bit of stain after removal.

Price: $18.00
Place to buy: MAC Cosmetics



14 comments:

  1. oh wow that is a bright fuchsia! i really really want to buy something from this collection. i haven't been able to check it out in person yet though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You should check it sooner though, knowing MAC limited edition collections, they sell out fast!

      Delete
  2. This color is insanely bright! Would you wear this if you were in college and going to class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its actually not that bright in person. Oh, I wouldn't wear this in going to class. I usually wear shades like this on weekend night outs or special outings :)

      Delete
  3. Wore this lipstick out last night and got so many compliments on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an eye-catcher! :)

      Delete
  4. I managed to grab a few from the new collection as well!
    This is such a gorgeous colour! It looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you able to get Daddy's little girl as well? And thank you :)

      Delete
    2. Too bad! What products did you get?

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous shade!! Love this one on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...