Social Icons

Monday, February 11, 2013

MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red Review and Swatches


Hey guys!

Since Valentine's Day is in a few days I though I might share with you a red lipstick that you can wear while celebrating the occasion. MAC Russian Red is my all time favourite red colour that I wear most often during special occasions.



Russian Red is officially described as "intense bluish red" and is one of MAC's classic lipstick colours. The pigmentation for this shade is really opaque and intense that stays on for long hours. This shade has blue undertones so it can help the teeth appear whiter, which is a plus! Russian Red has a matte finish so it can dry out the lips a little bit but not overly drying that it's uncomfortable to wear.

Here is an arm and lip swatch




Overall: I highly recommend this classic red lipstick from MAC for different skin tones as it's not too bright, too dark. This lipstick lasted a good 5 hours on me before I made minor touch ups. It should be noted though that because of the matte formula, this lipstick can stain even after removal.

Price: $18.00
Place to buy: MAC Cosmetics

6 comments:

  1. this looks like the ultimate red lipstick, so classic. I don't own any reds by Mac yet but when I do it will be either Ruby Woo or this one, think I'm leaning towards this one more after seeing your review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I chose Russian Red over Ruby Woo because I've read that Ruby Woo is the driest lipstick there is! lol. Russian Red however, has the pigmentation yet comfortable to wear

      Delete
  2. Oooh, your lips look so sexy! I've only just started wearing very pigmented lipsticks and I find that I have to really make sure that my lips are freshly scrubbed so that there are no flakes showing. Do you find that you have to exfoliate beforehand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! What I normally do is scrub my lips the night before and put on thick lip balm overnight so my lips are super moisturized! lol

      Delete
  3. What a lovely red on you. I've still yet to go towards reds...scary to me hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try reds! There's something about wearing them that instantly makes you feel sexy. lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...