Social Icons

Friday, November 30, 2012

Recent Empties Vol. 2



Hey guys!

I can't believe it's already the end of November and just one more month, the end of the year. Time sure flies! Anyways, for the past month I've tried not to splurge and be more conscious of my purchases so that lead me to use up these products and it kind of made me feel accomplished. For the past year, I have been so caught up with growing my makeup collection that I've definitely accumulated more than what I need so finishing a product gives me a sense of achievement. So let's take a look!


For the eyes

1) Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara - I was disappointed about this mascara as I experienced clumping and flaking whenever I use it. I still used the mascara up as I didn't want to be wasteful but I will definitely not repurchase this product. Full review here

2) Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara - Another disappointing mascara for me. The big brush this has was difficult to work with, especially at the inner end of my lashes. Also, the formula felt heavy and weighed down the curls of my lashes. Full review here

For the face

3) Masker Aide Detox Diva Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask - I received this sample from October's Topbox and I just love the "pampered" feeling while using this mask. And after using it, I felt my skin to be smoother, softer and moisturized. Definitely going to look into purchasing more of this.

4) St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub - I use this scrub about 2 - 3 times a week to exfoliate my face and I love that it doesn't feel scratchy and overly drying.

5) Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser - For the first week I tried this cleanser my face got a little itchy but I still continued to wash my face with it until my face got used to it. I didn't really see any difference with this cleanser so I'm not going to repurchase this. This may be the first product I've tried from Neutrogena that I didn't like.

For the hair

6) L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Replenishing Mask - I bought this on a whim while I was at a Walmart and I'm so glad I did as this mask made my hair feel really smooth after using it. The $4.00 price tag is an amazing bonus too!

7) Aveda Exfoliating Shampoo and Thickening Conditioner - I got these from my October Topbox just like the Masker Aide Sheet Mask but I was disappointed with how small they were. Unfortunately, I can't make a fair judgement for the product itself as I had only one chance to use them. They smell amazing though.

For the body

8) True Blue Mini Monoi Oil Nourishing Body Lotion - This is not the best smelling lotion I've tried but I really enjoyed using this as it left my skin smooth and soft. I have a few more lotions to use up so I will not repurchase this in the immediate future.

9) I Love... Mango and Papaya Bubble Bath and Shower Gel - I love how light scented this shower gel is! I have other scents from this line that I'm sure I'll enjoy using as well. I don't really ask a lot from shower gels as long as they lather up nicely and smell good, I'll enjoy them.

10) Bath and Body Works Pearberry Body Splash - This is what I wear everyday as it's light scented and stays on for a few hours. I enjoy this body splash so much I'm already using my back up of this scent.

Extras

1) Bath and Body Works Mini Candles in Salted Caramel and Cinnamon Sugared Donut - I have been addicted to the fall scents that Bath and Body Works came out with I have four 3 wick candles in rotation. Salted Caramel smells like popcorn when it's lighted and Cinnamon Sugared Donut smells like freshly baked donut that these make me hungry! Hehe.

What products have you used up lately?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh great empties! The mango papaya shower gel seems like it would smell yummy...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great products! I bet those candles smell amazing!
    I'm your 100 follower! yay!
    Brittney (also Canadian!)
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittney! You should smell them on your next BBW visit :)

      Delete
  3. Love your site! Hope you get a chance to scope out my street fashion blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll def check yours out :)

      Delete
  4. Your hair must be longer than mine! Your Aveda samples only lasted one use? They were small, but I got 3 uses out of them which was nice, but I still hated them both!

    You did such an amazing job with these empties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair was almost at my waist before I cut it about 2 weeks ago so it was pretty long. lol. Thanks Jayne! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...