Social Icons

Monday, December 3, 2012

NYX Cream Blush in Glow Review and Swatches



Hey guys!

Since it's getting colder here in Ontario and have been snowing a little bit, my skin is getting less oily than usual and the shine is more controllable so I have been wearing my NYX Cream Blush more and more. Let's take a look!




Company Description: NYX Rouge cream blush offers radiant, long-lasting colour in the form of velvety smooth cream. Infused with mineral oils, this blush is creamy in texture and provides a dewy glow for natural, fresh colour.

Packaging: This blush comes in a black round compact with a see through lid reminiscent of most MAC compact products. The see through lid has the brand name and product weight printed and the back has the shade name plus the ingredient list. The compact is pretty sturdy and not cheap looking at all.

Here are some pictures of the blush




Here is a swatch

My Thoughts: The shade glow is a neutral rosy pink that has no shimmer. When I first saw this shade, I was kind of intimidated as it appeared to be bright pink in the pan but when applied lightly to the skin gives a rather natural glow, hence the name. This must be one of the most pigmented blushes I have in my collection! To get the swatch above, I just tapped the blush with my stippling brush ever so slightly and blend it out properly. The formula and consistency of the blush is smooth, creamy, although a little sticky but still glides on easily. Since this is the first cream blush I have, I tend to spend more time blending it out but the natural "pinched" look is a satisfying pay-off. This blush lasted about 5 - 6 hours on my cheeks with a face primer underneath without fading and would last longer when layered with a powder blush on top.

Price: $4.90 USD / $6.00 - $8.00 CAD
Place to buy: I bought mine from Cherry Culture but this is available at some Rexall Pharmacy stores

Have you tried any cream blushes? What are your thoughts?





6 comments:

  1. lovely colour, I'm dying to try the NYX cream blushes but they're hard to get hold of in the UK without paying loads for shipping from ebay. Great review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad! But once you get a chance to pick them up you should try them out :) thanks!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely shade! I've yet to try any cream blushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely shade :) If you try them let me know :)

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear this works well for you! I like cream blushes. My favorite is Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tints. It's just so easy to blend them out with my foundation brush, and it's hard to overdo them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny! Le Metier is hard to find in my area but I've read some great reviews about them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...