Social Icons

Monday, February 25, 2013

Recent Empties Vol. 3




Hey guys!

I feel like it's been a long time since I've written a "Recent Empties" post! It always seem to take me a while to use up a product which is kind of weird to me as I tend to use the same products on a daily basis. Anyways, here are the products I've used up!

Face Products

1) Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray - I love using this spray to set my face makeup and prevent my powder from looking cake-y. Also, this setting spray controls the shine on my face for a long period of time. Would I repurchase? Yes!

2) E.L.F. Translucent Mattifying Powder - Another mattifying product that controls my oily skin from shine. I also love that I only purchased this for $3.00 when I was in the US. Would I repurchase? Not at the moment as I'm trying out a new face powder.

3) Simple Exfoliating Wipes - This is a very good makeup wipe which removes my eye and face makeup fairly easily but I'm not fond of the cloth's rough texture. I know it says on the label that it's more of a face makeup remover than an eye makeup remover but I sometimes use it for my eyes as well. Would I repurchase? No. 



Eye Products
4) Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara - I loved using this mascara as its the first one I tried that held the curl of my lashes for a long period of time. For a full review click here. Would I repurchase? Once I get through all the other mascaras I'm trying out

5) Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover - I liked using this remover because it takes off my eye makeup (even waterproof mascara) easily and yet it's sensitive to the eyes. For a full review click here. Would I repurchase? Yes


Lip Product
6) Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - This product is an essential in my arsenal as I could not go out of the house without a lipstick on. Also, most lipsticks I wear are bright and bold which can take a toll on my lips. This lip scrub helps to gently exfoliate my lips and create a clean and smooth canvas for my lip colours. For a full review click here. Would I repurchase? Already did!


Hair Care 
7) TreSemme Split Remedy Shampoo and Breakage Defense Conditioner - I bought this shampoo and conditioner when I got my hair cut as I thought it would help prevent split ends but sadly I still have to deal with hair breakage. Would I repurchase? Probably not


Skin Care 
8) St. Ives Exfoliating Apricot Scrub - I bought this scrub on a whim while buying some groceries at Walmart and found it ok. The scrub granules are not as finely milled as I'd like but I shouldn't have expected too much from a $3.49 price tag! Would I repurchase? No

9) Lush "Cosmetic Warrior" Fresh Face Mask - The scent of this mask was really bad but I achieved some kind of improvement while I was using it. I'm still on the fence if I want to continue using this mask if I go to a Lush store again because I am currently loving my Origins 10-minute Miracle Mask. Would I repurchase? Not sure

10) Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 5 - I've come to a realization that Benzoyl Peroxide based topical treatments are better suited to my skin than Salicylic Acid based treatments. For OTC products, 5% is strongest available in the market which Persa-Gel has. Although this has a strong percentage of Benzoyl Peroxide, it does not dry my skin at all! Would I repurchase? Definitely!

11) Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly - This is the first ever eye cream I purchased and thought it was ok. It moisturized my eye area but I feel it's not quite moisturizing enough. Would I repurchase? No



What products have you used up recently?

14 comments:

  1. Great Empties girl! I need to try a makeup setting spray and I might just go for the De-Slick! I am currently using Bad Gal Lash and I like how it lengthens and separates :)

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I love UD De-Slick especially during summer :) Bad Gad Lash is definitely in my top 3 mascaras :)

      Delete
  2. I love that Bubblegum scrub! I always use too much so I can eat the extra ;-)
    Great job with the empties girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne! Me too, I love Bubblegum! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been so disappointed with EVERY Tresemme products I've used. It's really sad. But I love Lush and that lip scrub is divine.
    Thanks for the read
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, this shampoo and conditioner are all I've tried and their Heat Protectant (which I'm not fond of as well) and I've not been impressed with the brand :(

      Delete
  4. Great post! I love reading empties post! :) That Lush bubblegum lip scrub sounds amazing. I have tried Lush's sweet lips lip scrub and I absolutely loved it. I will be sure to pick up the bubblegum one, next! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alina! Bubblegum is just sooo good and I absolutely can not live without it!

      Delete
  5. Great empties.. I agree.. I like the Simple Wipes but why does the cloth have to be so rough.. felt like I was scraping my skin.. not good

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not good! I've since moved on to Equate ones :)

      Delete
  6. I love seeing empties posts! :) Looks like you you've used up quite a bit...nice job! I love Bad Gal Lash! I've tried many other mascaras recently, but I think this one is hg for me. And I'm dying to try De-slick! It's been on my "to buy" list for a while now. Must get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try De-Slick! I absolutely love it and would recommend it especially for those who have oily skin :)

      Delete
  7. Great empties! I'm trying to get through some products that have been just sitting in a drawer, but I forget to use them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know what you mean! I have some products on top of my vanity to make sure I give them the love they deserve :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...