Social Icons

Monday, December 31, 2012

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara Review


Hey guys!

Today I would like to share with you one of Maybelline's newer mascara, The Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes. I have never tried a mascara from Maybelline before so when I saw some ads and the fierce packaging of this product, I knew I had to pick it up!





Company Description: The fullest, boldest cat eye lash look with Volum' Express The Cat Eyes Mascara from Maybelline New York. Our collagen formula and claw brush extends your lashes at the corners for a look that will bring out the "meow" in you!

Here is a photo of the brush

Here are my bare curled lashes

Here are my lashes after applying the mascara


My Thoughts: The first thing that caught my eye about this mascara is the packaging. I like the bright yellow tube with the bronze cheetah print on the lid, I just think it's so adorable. This mascara's "claw brush" is like an elongated 'U' shape that is a little skinny for the brand's claim that it gives a volumizing effect on the lashes. I have noticed that most volumizing mascaras have thick brush wands and this one doesn't. Anyways, I really enjoy using this mascara but not for it's volumizing claims. I like this mascara because it totally lengthens my lashes and holds the curls of my lashes really well. I also like its shape for applying the product at both ends of my lashes but I didn't notice the 'cat eye' effect on them. 

Overall: I like this mascara and would recommend this for those who need added length for their lashes.  You can apply multiple coats of this mascara and will not experience clumping and flaking which is a definite plus. 

Price: $6.99 - $9.99
Place to buy: Drugstores

Have you tried Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eyes mascara? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I've seen this in stores! Haha the packaging is really eye-catching :) Your lashes look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Traci! You should check it out :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award...you can have a look here:
    http://beckyinbc.blogspot.ca/2012/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check it out! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...