Social Icons

Monday, October 8, 2012

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Review and Swatches


I know I know, this palette has been reviewed and raved about by so many other bloggers but since I use this palette everyday and have recently written about the original I thought to write my own review for this follow up palette. 

Company Description: The most anticipated sequel of the decade. Naked2 has 12 pigment-rich, taupe and greige neutral eyeshadows. Our palette proves once again, neutral is anything but boring, (and is downright sexy when worn Naked). Feast your eyes on our shades ranging from pale to deep, matte to sparkly. This collection lets you achieve lots of neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between. Let's just say there's a whole new way to get Naked! The case has an art-school inspired look with hinged lid - taupe metal with embossed chocolate brown artwork. It's smooth, modern and cool to the touch - a real tactile experience. Plus, our palette also features a travel-size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked, AND a double-ended, cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush (available only in this palette). Any self-respecting makeup lover will have to have both palettes to get their complete neutral fix! 

Packaging: The palette is housed in a sleek metal tin that has clasps on each side to open and close the palette. Upon opening the palette, you will see 12 gorgeous full sized eyeshadows, a double ended Good Karma brush (flat brush and rounded blending brush) and a big mirror across the lid. The palette also includes a mini Lip Junkie Lipgloss in the shade Naked. 

Here are some pictures of the palette





So here are the eyeshadows

Foxy - matte soft beige with a hint of yellow. 
Half Baked - metallic neutral gold
Booty Call - frosted champagne-y white 
Chopper - shimmery orange with silver micro-glitter




Tease - matte taupe with purple undertone
Snakebite - dark bronze with golden shimmer
Suspect - frosted taupe-y bronze
Pistol - frosted grayish brown




Verve - pale pink-y gray
YDK - metallic coppery brown with silver micro-glitter
Busted - dark burgundy-brown
Blackout - matte intense black



Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked

Dual Ended Good Karma Brush

Flat end of the brush

Rounded blending end of the brush

Overall: I am in love with this palette! When it comes to eyeshadows, neutral shades are my bestfriend! With the 12 gorgeous shades that are included in this palette, there are endless makeup looks that I can create. From everyday neutral looks to smokey going out looks. I like that the highlighter shade (foxy) is a matte and the black matte (blackout) is rich and very intense. The $60.00 price tag for this palette may be a little steep but when you break it down, its actually a bargain as one full size Urban Decay eyeshadow costs $22.00 CAD x 12 = $264.00 + a Good Karma costs around $20.00, that's a total of $284.00. 

Price: $60.00 CAD/ $50.00 USD
Place to buy: Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique

24 comments:

  1. Definitely love this palette! Great swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't love this palette at first, but now I find that I grab it more that the original naked palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this palette longer than the original one so I have definitely been in love with this longer :)

      Delete
  3. Hello! I'll check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty much obsessed with the Naked 2 Palette. It's really the only eyeshadow palette I have where I love all the colors, not just a few. This is a really good review of it :)

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love it so much. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. ohmygod, it's so expensive :O x
    www.eyelinerobsessed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its kinda steep but when you break it down it's actually a great deal :)

      Delete
  6. So jealous! They sell this at Shopper's Drug Mart? I've never seen it there!
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are certain Shoppers that have a Beauty Boutique in them that sell Urban Decay. You can check the website to find one near you :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you! I'll check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great palette i use mine everyday!
    check out my blog if you have the time:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll def check your blog :)

      Delete
  9. Hey!! Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog! New followers here:)
    I have a single of Suspect and I love it!!! I'd love to get the whole palette though!
    Laura
    www.abrunetteduet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog! :) Yeah, I love the palette :)

      Delete
  10. Great post! I have the first one and I'm still deciding whether I need this one too :) xx

    snowwhiteetrosered.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I was only going to buy one palette, would you recommend the Naked 1or 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its totally on your personal preference and I love both of them, but if I have to choose I would recommend the Naked 1. I've had the Naked 2 first before having Naked 1 and if I've had Naked 1 first, I think I would've waited a while before buying the 2nd one. I just think Naked 1 has a better selection of shades. :)

      Delete
  12. Great post on the Naked 2 Palette :)
    Thank you for dropping by on my blog. Now following you :) xx

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...