Social Icons

Monday, October 1, 2012

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review and Swatches


About 2 weeks ago, I received an email from Sephora that I am now a V. I. B. or "Very Important Beauty Insider" where a member spends a certain amount of money at the store and get exclusive rewards and special privileges. As an introduction to being a VIB, I received a 10% discount on my recent purchase and double the points on my account. So to take advantage of the discount, I finally bought one of the items on my Beauty Lemmings.

As someone who loves and mainly uses neutral eyeshadows, I thought it would be a no-brainer to add the Urban Decay Naked Palette in my makeup collection. 

Company Description: You can look great NAKED! This long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous neutrals. Shades range from delicate champagnes to dark, gritty gunmetal, with names like Darkhorse, Virgin and Buck. We've also included a range of textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte. The chocolaty velvet case is emblazoned with the word "NAKED" in gold foil lettering. (Just wait 'til your friends see you pull this sexy thing out of your bag. Jealous!) The mirrored case also includes a professional quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush, AND a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion in original formula. This is a shadow palette EVERYONE can use, and a truly spectacular gift. Experiment with office-appropriate neutrals, summertime bronzy looks, or sultry smokiness. With such a diversity of neutral shades at your fingertips, there's more to neutral than meets the eye. 

Packaging: The Naked palette is housed in a sturdy cardboard with a chocolate brown, velvet exterior which is very sleek and classy looking. Although the packaging is sleek, the velvet material attracts dirt and finger prints easily so I think I'm gonna keep the plastic it came with. Once opened, a small mirror is placed across the lid and the word "NAKED" and the 12 gorgeous shadows. There is also a well where the Shadow Karma Brush is placed. 

Here are some pictures of the palette




So on to the shadows
Virgin - is a shimmery nude beige
Sin - frosty pink champagne 
Naked - matte medium brown
Sidecar - shimmery taupe-y brown





Buck - matte reddish brown
Half Baked - metallic neutral gold
Smog - shimmery dark bronze
Darkhorse - shimmery deep chocolate brown





Toasted - shimmery medium dark pinky brown
Hustle - shimmery dark purple-brown
Creep - charcoal black with silver shimmer
Gunmetal - shimmery blue-gray




The palette includes a mini original Eyeshadow Primer Potion

And also a Shadow Brush



Overall: This will be a great addition to any person who loves makeup. I think this is a versatile neutral palette where you find everyday, "work appropriate" shades but also find "going out" shades. My favourite shades are Naked, Sidecar, Smog and Toasted. The shadow brush that it came with is I think a solid addition to the palette and does the job of packing the colour. And the eye primer is superb quality even though I'm not crazy about its packaging. My work day is about 12 hours (that includes the travel time) and my shadow did not crease at all when I use this primer! I am completely in love with this palette and I'm excited to play with it and come up with future looks.  

Price: $60.00 CAD / $50.00 USD
Place to buy: Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique

14 comments:

  1. the naked palette is without a doubt the best makeup investment i've ever made! New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, the more I use it, the more I fall in love with it :)

      Delete
  2. I have been lusting after this for the longest time possible...dunno when I will get a great discount on it:)


    Join the Insane Blog hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that Sephora is going to its Friends and Family Sale real soon, maybe you can buy it then :)

      Delete
  3. I am so desperate to get the naked palette! xo

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy it once you get the chance! :)

      Delete
  4. This was my first real Urban Decay purchase and I love, love love it! Only downside is the packaging as it can get messy quite easily, but the great eyeshadows make up for it!

    I am a new follower from the blog hop, I am loving your posts and can't wait to read more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, def not fond of the velvet packaging so I'll still keep it inside the plastic it came with! Thank you for stopping by :D

      Delete
  5. One day this will be mine. lol.
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Hope you'll get it soon :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...